[Brainmap] Andre van der Kouwe, 4/18 at noon

Anastasia Yendiki ayendiki at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 17 04:20:20 EDT 2007

Wed 4/18 at noon
Seminar room 2204
149 13th St., Charlestown Navy Yard

Andre van der Kouwe, Ph.D.
Instructor in Radiology at Harvard Medical School

Title:
MRI Acquisition Methods for Brain Morphometry

Abstract:
A variety of sophisticated methods exist for improving MRI data quality
and reducing artifacts offline after acquisition. However, there is still
a lot of room to improve data quality at acquisition time before the
images ever leave the scanner. In this talk I will review recent progress
on three aspects of data acquisition. The first is a bandwidth-matched
multiecho anatomical imaging protocol for use with the FreeSurfer analysis
stream. The second is a framework for automatic prospective positioning
for whole brain and subcortical structures. I will conclude with a review
of recent progress on real-time motion correction. All of the sequences
described in the talk are being developed on the Martinos Center scanners.

---

For info on upcoming BrainMap seminars, see

http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/martinos/training/brainMap_2006-2007.php