[Homer-users] Filtering

thuppert thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 7 10:13:10 EST 2004

Margaret-

   Setting the (LP/HP) filters both to zero (or anywhere outside the range
of acceptable values- i.e. above the Nyquist freq) should by by-pass the
filtering step (in the case of setting too high- it'll warn you that it is
by-passing the filtering; i.e. LPF exceeds Nyquist freq or something like
that... but that's alright).  This SHOULD still update the fields creating
the fields needed for averaging (thus allowing you to average without
applying filters)... I just tried it on my version and it worked fine, but
I'm beta testing the version to be released in about a month.  I don't think
that is something I changed in the last year through, so it should work on
the older versions.

In the last release- I did include the matlab *.m files for the Averaging,
Deconvolution, filtering, and the calculation of the extinction coeffients
for HbX.  They are in the folder called OpenSrc which is in the .zip file
you downloaded.  These are written to work outside HomER- with the
requirement that the DOT variable be structured in a certain way (and its
documented in the Help lines of the scripts).  If all else fails, this is
why I put these in... and it allows you to actually see what you are doing
behind the scenes of HomER.

  I'll look into why this didn't work- but it does work in the version I
have now... it might be encounted an error and therefore didn't finish
updating... which messes up things from that point on in the analysis
(problems I've tried to fix but are generally very hard to debug).

Ted Huppert, MS

PhD student-Harvard Univ.
Dept of Biophysics
Photo Migration Imaging lab