[Homer-users] Conc Image plot in Homer for Matlab 7

thuppert thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 5 10:27:03 EST 2004

A question was asked about plotting concentration images and the
non-functioning of the imaging radio buttons:

"It looks like it is impossible to plot a concentration image. By default,
it plots a dOD image and if you try to change the display options in the
AdvImaging window and you click 'Reconstruct Concentration Image' radio
button, it does not un-click the default 'Reconstruct dOD Image' button (the
previous version of Homer did this) and does not save your change. When you
call the AdvImaging window again, it has the same click on a dOD
reconstruction and it plots the dOD image again.

The same applies to other radio buttons - if you click them, the change is
not saved and not done."

Answer:

    Apperently, this has something to do with the compiled P-code not
working right for matlab 7.0 (I didn't try the same thing for the 6.5
pcode).  I say this becase if I use the original *.m files only in place of
the GUI to run the options menu, it works just fine, but the p-code version
fails.   (It works for the filtering menu though which is done the same
way... so its a bit confusing).  I'll see if I can fix this problem this
weekend and post an update.  Sorry about that.  (And  I'll put the
auto-scaling of images/movies in there as well).

Ted Huppert, MS

PhD student-Harvard Univ.
Dept of Biophysics
Photo Migration Imaging lab