[Homer-users] re: using homer to generate organ-specific forwardsimulation

thuppert thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 21 09:40:43 EST 2005

HOMeR supports image reconstructions from semi-infinite, homogeneous, slab
geometries.  The image recontrustion and forward modeling is done through
the PMI toolbox (also avaliable on our website:
http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/DOT/resources.htm)
For this simple medium, the analytical solution to the forward problem can
be directly computed.  For anything more complicated, we'd have to use monte
carlo or finite difference approaches.  In other words, HOMeR does not
support the realistic head simulations.

For this problem, there are several MC or FD codes avalaible (TOAST from UCL
etc).

>From our lab, we have a MC code avaliable:

tMCimg-  http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/DOT/resources.htm
	This uses Monte Carlo with arbitary boundaries.

Ted Huppert, M.Sc.

PhD student-Harvard Univ.
Dept of Biophysics
Photon Migration Imaging lab