[Homer-users] about baseline

Zhou Yuan zhouyuan at nlpr.ia.ac.cn
Mon Oct 17 21:30:40 EDT 2005

Hi,
    I noticed taht  Homer permits to remove  systemic physiology by a systemic filtering, which uses baseline data. However, what do you mean when you refer to baseline data?  As we know, there are pretask rest, posttask rest, and rest between two trials during an typical experiment. These "rest"  are also referred to baseline. Of cource, a purely resting state is a baseline. Thus, I want to know it's necessary to collect  purely resting data or select the rest data during a task if we want to use the systemic filtering.
    Thanks!

Yuan Zhou, PhD Student
Medical Imaging and Computing Group
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition
Institute of Automation
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel: +86-10-6265 9278 (O)
Fax: +86-10-6255 1993
Add: P.O. Box 2728, Beijing, 100080, P.R.China
Email: zhouyuan at nlpr.ia.ac.cn