[Homer-users] PMI Matlab not functioning properly

Bryan McLaughlin bm304 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 06:37:42 EST 2006

Dear All,

Is anyone familiar with the PMI Matlab program "readMCHis.m" which is
supposed to import Homer generated data?  If so, please read further.

Perhaps you have a sample Matlab script with 'muas' vector and the
accompanying .his and .inp file that I can run to see how this code works?

I have set up a simple homer simulation with a source and detector side by
side.  After sending 5 million photons, I get back a few hundred so that
seems fine.  For simplicity, I only used 2 tissue types and I have set each
to have the same absorption and scattering coefficients.

Now I am trying to import the homer data into Matlab using "readMCHis.m"

However, when this file runs these lines are crashing

    phi(tmidx,detidx,:) = phi(tmidx,detidx,:) + reshape(dphi', 1, 1,
length(dphi));

    num(tmidx,detidx)   = num(tmidx,detidx) + 1;

Matlab returns this error:  "??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs
dimensions than non-singleton

subscripts."

I have spent a few days trying to debug and just cannot seem to figure out
the problem.

Thanks so much for any help!

Regards,
Bryan