[Homer-users] Temporal resolution

Natalia L naliapou at ucalgary.ca
Mon Oct 2 15:13:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I gather data from 16 sources and 16 detectors, then run it through the
btr10 filter. I'm not entirely sure what that filter does and what the
others (3, 20 and 50) do, I couldn't find it in the manual. Then I run
ssdcna on the data, and finally import into HOMer. The CW5's sample rate is
20000/s/detector I believe; in HOMer I only have ten values per second. At
which point does this averaging happen and how can I increase the temporal
resolution? (I think probably by running btr50.flt instead of btr10?) Are
these filters necessary? (I got my protocol from a previous user, I'm not
sure about all the steps, I just follow them..)

Thanks!
Natalia