[Homer-users] Optical Fibres suggestions

Xiaofeng "Steve" Zhang xxz at engr.psu.edu
Mon Jun 18 09:39:58 EDT 2007

Hi Chris,

Depending on specific applications, people use 65- to 400-micron fibers. I'd
say 400-micron multimode fiber is probably the best to start off with for
"regular" NIRS. You also need to make sure that the spectrum width of the
fiber covers your wavelength, i.e. "NIR fiber". Here is a paper that details
what we've been using:

X.Zhang,Y.Toronov,and A.Webb, Integrated measurement system for simultaneous
functional magnetic resonance imaging and diffuse optical tomography in
human brain mapping, Rev. Sci. Instrum., vol. 77, 114301 (2006)

Hope it helps,
Steve