[Homer-users] Statistical Output from Homer

MCINTOSH, MICHELLE ANNE Michelle.McIntosh at gcal.ac.uk
Wed Aug 19 10:37:20 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have afew questions regarding Homer and wonder if anyone can help.

My first question is regarding the statistical output of Homer. In the averaging screen, t-statistics can be displayed for each source - detector pair depending on the position of the changing red slider. I was wondering which two conditions the t-value represents? Does it automatically take the values before zero as a baseline to work out this statistic (even if the slider does not cross zero)?

Secondly, when in the imaging screen it is possible to display the calculated t-statistic (t-map) and a figure is shown containing two diagrams (see below).

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA20E2.9108C810]

I would like to know what the two diagrams represent (i.e  their headings is it Hb and HbO)?

Finally if there was any further information available on R.O.I. analysis and statistics in Homer since the manual was written, I would be grateful if you could tell me where I could obtain these (as the manual I have does not have much detail on these).

Many Thanks

Michelle McIntosh

Michelle A. McIntosh BSc (Hons) MCOptom
Optometrist/Post-Graduate Student

Department of Vision Sciences
Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road
Glasgow
G4 0BA

Tel:  0141 331 3144

Times Higher Education award winner 2008: outstanding international student support
http://www.gcal.ac.uk/news/pressoffice/releases/241008.html