[Homer-users] Immediate opening for post-doc in NIRS analysis

Huppert, Ted huppertt at upmc.edu
Thu Jun 2 08:50:11 EDT 2011

We are advertising an immediate opening for a post-doctorate position in the NIRS imaging lab at the University of Pittsburgh to work on a NIH funded project involving statistical analysis of concurrent functional MRI and NIRS.  More specifically, we are interested in assessing the various physiological and temporal sources of noise and inter/intra-subject variability affecting NIRS, fMRI, and concurrent measurements.   Candidates' should have a strong knowledge of statistics and computer programming (Matlab and C++) and familiarity with NIRS and/or functional MRI design and analysis.     The NIRS lab is located at the University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) and managed by Dr Ted Huppert (one of the authors of HOMER).  We are part of the Radiology Dept of the School of Medicine  and operate the NIRS lab as a service for various researchers at the university.  Additional responsibilities of postdoc candidates would include assistance with data collection and analysis of these projects (including child development studies, brain activation in the control of gait and balance, and real-time brain computer interfaces).  Our lab has four TechEn CW-NIRS devices, an ISS FD-NIRS system, and other custom NIRS devices.  The Dept of Radiology also has three research dedicated 3T Siemen’s MRI scanners and a 7T MRI.

For more information, please email Dr Ted Huppert (huppertt at upmc.edu) with a copy of your CV and research experience.  Please do not reply to the HOMER-users email with your CV.  At this time, we are only seeking applications for a post-doc level position.

The University of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer.

Theodore Huppert, PhD
Assistant Professor
Departments of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering
University of Pittsburgh
Email: huppertt at upmc.edu
Phone: (412) 647-8459