[Homer-users] channel matching in HOMER2

Borbala Kollod kollodb at ceu.hu
Thu Mar 7 10:00:05 EST 2013

Hi there,

I'm quite new to HOMER2, I'm confused a little yet at the beginning.
I have problems with un-displaying and matching channels between the
Probe Window and Data Window.
When a data file is opened in HOMER2, for some channels the
un-displaying (right-click) is working, for some it does not, and in
some cases right-clicking un-displays more than one channel or
un-displays a channel that is labeled with a different color (eg.
clicking on a magenta channel on the Probe Window would un-display a
green one on the Data window).

This way it is confusing to know which channel we're looking at exactly
and makes especially hard to see data in those cases, when we have deep
channels (4.5cm) besides normal (2cm) ones, because deep channels are so
noisy compared to the normals that they obscure all normal ones.

These are infant data, and we are using NTS3 system, so data got
converted into .nirs format beforehand. Also we're using the developer
version of HOMER2.

Anybody has any idea for the reason of this un-match?
Thanks!
Bori Kollod

Cognitive Development Center
Department of Cognitive Sciences