[Homer-users] AtlasViewer Help for Prefrontal Cortex NIRS Headband

Michael Cannizzaro mcannizz at uvm.edu
Mon Oct 28 16:05:45 EDT 2013

Hi List,

I am new to the AtlasViewer so sorry if this is a rudimentary question or I am overlooking a fundamental step.

I am trying to make a probe for my Biopac fNIR headband that has 4 sources and 10 detectors in a very simple rectangular grid (example included below). Fp1 and Fp2 are to align horizontally to the midway point between the sources and lower row of detectors. I have made an SD file that I believe matches this set up exactly using real measurements from the headband and the center of each optode. When I add the springs, everything looks just like the schematic, however when I register the probes to the surface, it is a blob of jumbled points without any resemblance to the rectangular shape. It is also no where near where I expect it to be on the prefrontal cortex. I have also included the .SD file if that helps. Any support is appreciated and thanks.

MIKE

Michael S. Cannizzaro, Ph.D., CCC-SLP

Associate Professor

University of Vermont
Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders - Graduate Program Coordinator
Undergraduate Neuroscience Program
401 Pomeroy Hall
489 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05405