[Homer-users] hmrIntensity2OD: possible at later processing stage?

Janny Stapel j.c.stapel at donders.ru.nl
Mon Apr 7 06:38:40 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I have the impression that the conversion from raw data to optical density
(hmrIntensity2OD) cannot be done after artifact rejection, but only
before. Did I get that correctly? And is there a way to change the order?
Point is that the conversion takes the average of the whole data file, and
if the data contains partly a lot of noise (we had our nirs system record
data also during breaks and so), this noise affects the conversion
process. Therefore I'd rather first apply artifact rejection and then
convert the data to optical density. Not sure how to though?

Best,

Janny

Janny C. Stapel, MSc

Donders Insitute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour

Radboud University Nijmegen

P.O. Box 9104, 6500 HE Nijmegen, the Netherlands