[Homer-users] n-back with an Oxymon

Chiu, Bryan (PHTH) bryan.chiu at ubc.ca
Wed Oct 22 12:21:06 EDT 2014

Hi,

I was wondering about methods for designing an n-back task for use with an Oxymon system.

Due to the varying timing markers for response with an n-back task, how would you digest the data? I had an idea to have an altered MATLAB script to run in the background polling at the frequency the Oxymon is taking readings, which would create it's own timing marker array. I would take this timing array and insert it into the .nirs file for a specific run.

Does anyone have methods for timings regarding an n-back or a task to evaluate executive function?

Bryan Chiu
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Aging, Mobility, and Cognitive Neuroscience Lab
Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health
Department of Physical Therapy
Faculty of Medicine
University of British Columbia