[Homer-users] HbO vs HbR analyses

Matthew Cloud mcloud at nd.edu
Tue Sep 30 11:59:44 EDT 2014

Howdy Dr. Mehta!

One simple method that has been used is to subtract HbR from HbO.  Normally
you would see them go in opposite or different patterns.  If they are
moving together, then typically that means you have movement artifacts.
Some infer that means you could subtract HbR from HbO to get a reasonable
measure of "true" HbO, but it is a bit of an oversimplification.  Xu Cui
has some papers I am trying to locate on that, I believe on PluSOne.

Gig 'em!

Matthew Cloud, MS (BQ Ag '94)
Program Manager
Cancer Neurocognitive Translational Research Laboratory

Department of Psychology
University of Notre Dame
http://www.nd.edu

Mobile: (817) 690-2684
*Office:  (574) 631-6931*
Fax:       (574) 631-1003

E-mail: mcloud at nd.edu

Mail:     109 Haggar Hall

*Office: B003 Westlake Hall             Notre Dame, IN 46556*