[Homer-users] Formatting for NIRS-SPM

Drew Halliday d.halliday at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 12:35:08 EDT 2015

Dear Homer2 Users,

I am attempting to bring data that I've pre-processed in Homer2 to NIRS-SPM
to run GLM analyses and am following what appears to be relatively
out-dated protocol from NIRS-SPM (2009).  I'm wondering if anyone has had
success with importing to NIRS-SPM and if so, if they might be able to help.

Specifically, following the conversion option and after specifying that the
data are from "HomER Software" I select the .nirs file and am then asked to
import a .mat file, which according to the available protocol, comes from
exporting Hb concentrations through 'delta Concentrations' in the  'Data
Display Controls' menu.  My suspicion is that this description is based on
an older version of HomER/EasyNIRS and that this option no longer exists in
Homer2.  This .mat file is to contain the Hb concentrations, so is
presumably what is exported through the export HRF option.  I tried loading
a .nirs file and them writing a .mat file with procResult.dcAvg, but
receive an error that the .mat file should be binary.  NIRS-SPM doesn't
accept .txt or .csv.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Drew