[Homer-users] Questions about GLM beta

YikBiu Leung yikbiu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 01:04:46 EDT 2015

Hi all:
     I have been using Homer2 to analyze my data lately, but I there were
some problems:
     1. I get the "beta" form the result. but the data look likes this:
     val(:,:,1) =
     1.0e-05 *
     0.7305   -0.0703
      val(:,:,2) =
     1.0e-05 *
      0.2763    0.0416
       I  am not sure what these three number under each channel mean?

     2. When I tried to get the "beta"  from one of my experiments by
 using GLM, two problems came up :
      2.1. When I used "motion_Artifact"and related functions to analyze,
the running process just stopped and matlab reported error in using the
hmrMotionArtifact.
      2.2. After I delete the "motion_Artifact" and only use
"GLM_HRF_Drift_SS", the running process was fine except there were warning
about "Some data points in d are zero or negative". And the major problem
was that there was no value under variable "beta". Then I tried to use
Nirs_spm and it worked with no problem.
   To illustrate my problem, the attatchment contains some screenshots of
the problem and an raw .nirs data.
    I am not sure what's wrong and I really hope someone can help me with
this.
   Thank you!
 ​
 problem with GLM beta.rar