[Homer-users] Fwd: Hbo vs Hbr in fNIRS data

Steven Chen steven.chenjing at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:50:03 EDT 2016

Hello, everyone.

We have some questions in our fNIRS data. Here is the detail information on
our data collection and processing.
1) Subject was asked to have a rest for 5 seconds, do hand movement 15
seconds and 5 seconds rest. Fnirs data was collected as well through CW 6
system made by Techen.
2) Fnirs data was process by home2 with filters as in options_filters.
3) We would show fnirs data (29_tiral1, 35_tiral1) from two different
subjects in home2. Hbo was demonstrated by red line.Hbt was demonstrated by
green line.
Hbr was demonstrated by blue line. Time interval was demonstrated by black
line.
My questions are as below:
1) Which fnirs data is better (29 or 35)? As 35_trial1 has strong symmetric
pattern between hbo and hbr, can I regard 30_trial1 is bad fnirs data?
2) If you think 29_trial1 is a good data, what is the meaning for hbo
pattern in this data? Does this pattern contain any physiological artifacts
(such as heart beat)?
3) If Hbo has negative value or smaller value than hbr, what is that
meaning?
Thank you.

Steven from Texas A & M University