[Homer-users] Cutoff value to remove high frequency noise

Lily dang4118 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:37:49 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I would like to ask about the cutoff value to remove high frequency noise
in fNIRS data.

In recent papers (Brigadoi et al (2014) Motion artifacts in functional
near-infrared spectroscopy A comparison of motion correction techniques
applied to real cognitive data, Yucel (2014) Targeted principle component
analysis - a new motion artifact correction approach for near-infrared
spectroscopy, ...) the authors used 0.5 Hz as cutoff value for the lowpass
filter and there was no reference or explanation about that value.

I do not understand why 0.5 was chosen. Could you help me on this?

Thank you very much in advance for your response.

Kind regards,
Hue.