[Homer-users] Using the GLM_HRF_Drift_SS function in HomER

Meryem Ayse Yucel mayucel at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 9 16:09:44 EST 2016

Hi Madeleine,

The reason you are getting very smooth HRFs is that you are using the
default option for GLM_HRF_Drift_SS function which is fitting a modified
gamma function to the data (idxBasis = 2). The shape is fixed to a gamma
function and only the amplitude is estimated by GLM. Instead you can use
the first option (idxBasis =1) which uses a sequence of gaussian functions
and is therefore more flexible. Parameters for this option can be [1 1]
(width and temporal spacing of the gaussian respectively.
Also note that you can hover over the parameter names in options menu to
get more information for each.

Hope this helps.

Meryem