[Homer-users] Question about PCA-filter function

Dung C Nguyen dcnguyen at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 26 14:28:13 EDT 2016

Principal components analysis (PCA) is a procedure for identifying a
smaller number of uncorrelated variables, called "principal components",
from a large set of data. The goal of principal components analysis is to
explain the maximum amount of variance with the fewest number of principal
components.
Therefore, the number of principal components in PCA filter is less than or
equal to the number of original variables in your data set.

best,