[Homer-users] NIRx2Nirs - NIRx data format

Williams, Amber willi543 at miamioh.edu
Fri Jul 14 06:21:55 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I am having trouble converting NIRx data to Homer/matlab functional
information.

First, it seems that the NIRx2nirs file from the Homer website identifies
all but one of the active channels specified in the _nirsInfo.mat file. I'm
not sure why there would be a discrepancy there.

Second, there does not seem to be a proper relationship between
source-detector separation and intensity (or log(intensity)). Attached is
an example graph. It is my understanding that I should see a linear
relationship between distance and ln(Intensity) with a slope of ~-1.
Unfortunately I see no such relationship and have been told that this is
likely due to mismatching the data to source-detector pairs. However, I
don't know how the data read from the .wl1/.wl2 files is organized by the
NIRx2nirs file (before or after being cut down to active channels).

Does anyone have any insight as to why either of these problems is
occurring?

Thank you for your help,
Amber Williams
Miami University