[Homer-users] AtlasViewer and Subject Specific MRIs

David McGonigle mcgonigledave at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 19:04:26 EDT 2017

Hi All,

We've just started to use Homer in Cardiff, but we've hit a wall when it
comes to using subject's own MRIs.

We're using the brainsight NIRS system, and saving our data in the .nirs
format. We collect MRIs on participants, use freesurfer to generate the
pial and scalp mesh from the options in atlas viewer, but from there on,
we're running into some problems. We can't get the probe OR the
subject-specific MR displayed at the same time: we can generate a probe
file with digitised points that we record on each participant, and display
that on the Colin brain. But trying to import probe when the subject's MR
is loaded results in some strange behaviour: either the probe clusters at
where we've defined 'Cz' (which I can see it does by default in GetProbe.m
when there's nothing else to do), but even with this option the probe
geometry is distorted and 'shrunk'. It can't be simply corrupted as the
same probe file can be imported and displayed on the Colin Atlas, so we
(I!) must be doing something wrong somewhere.

If anyone can help, or even look at the files, we'd really appreciate it!

Cheers, Dave

--
David J McGonigle
Lecturer