[Homer-users] warnings time range and tHRF

Di Lorenzo, R. (Renata) r.dilorenzo at uu.nl
Thu Mar 16 05:08:28 EDT 2017

Dear Homer users,

I hope that someone can help me understanding 2 types of warning related to the block average function.
1. When I run the block average for one subject (run) sometimes I get this warning message:
WARNING: Trial 1 for condition 2 excluded because of time range.
2. When I run group analyses I get this other warning message:
WARNING: tHRF for subject 002 is larger than the common tHRF.

Here some more information about the task design and analyses.
I use a block design with baseline of 16s and test trials of 16s (visual stimuli).
I use triggers for the start of the task, the end, start of baseline trials, start of experimental trials and for attentional getters (sometimes we need to play sounds to keep babies attention to the screen during baseline trials).
The block average function goes from -2s till 18s.
I haven’t applied any filter to the processing stream, which consists of Intensity2OD, enPrunechannels, OD2Conc, block average.

I do the analyses on a Mac computer (OS X El Capitan) by using Homer v2_1 on Matlab2014b.

Does anyone know the source of the problem and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Renata