[Homer-users] marker label

Sébastien SCANNELLA Sebastien.SCANNELLA at isae-supaero.fr
Tue Sep 5 07:49:14 EDT 2017

Hi Harsimrat,

Unfortunately this is not solvable yet and I have to manually change the
marker values in Homer, for each subject.

It comes from the way the .nirs file is created in Nirstar. If you
change the file extension from myfile._nirs_ to myfile_.mat_ and load it
in matlab you'll find (among other variables) the "s" variable that is
you marker vector.

Each line correspond to a sample and each column to your condition.

when a marker is sent you get the value "1" at the corresponding sample
line, otherwise it's only zeros.

If you have 3 conditions for instance you'll have three columns. Hence,
whatever the value of your marker, when the nirs file is created, the
first marker encountered will create the first column of the "s"
variable and will be tagged as marker 1 in Homer2. Same for the second
column = marker 2 and so on.

This is why if you have markers values and order 14, 7 and 4 or 7,  4
and 14, you'll get in both cases 1, 2 and 3 in Homer.

I'm currently trying different automated ways to cope with it, like
writing a script that automatically changes the s vector according to
our needs like suggested by Meryem on 11/04/2016.

Sorry for not providing a definitive answer but I hope this helps you to
understand the issue.

Best,

Sebastien

Le 05/09/2017 à 13:02, Harsimrat Singh a écrit :
> Hi Sebastian
>
> Were you able to solve this problem?
>
> Best regards
> Harsimrat
>
> On 23 June 2016 at 16:20, <sebastien.scannella at isae-supaero.fr
> <mailto:sebastien.scannella at isae-supaero.fr>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Homer users,
>
>     I'm encountering difficulties to get my marker labels correct in
>     HOMER 2.1.
>     Here is my problem:
>     For instance, when I send marker values 8, 10 and 6 in that order,
>     I get 1, 2 and 3 values in Homer.
>     Same if I send 4, 8, 2 and 6 I'll have 1, 2, 3 and 4.
>     This is very annoying to find your conditions in a random design.
>     I have check my markers and everything is fine except in Homer.
>
>     I use a nirx nirsport system and send markers via the 4 bit
>     parallel port, my .evt file is ok.
>     Same problem with manual markers.
>
>     Does anybody ever face this problem and know how I can get ride of it?
>
>     Thanks a lot for your help.
>
>     Sébastien

>     The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
>     whom it is
>     addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and
>     the e-mail
>     contains patient information, please contact the Partners
>     Compliance HelpLine at
>     http://www.partners.org/complianceline
>     <http://www.partners.org/complianceline> . If the e-mail was sent
>     to you in error
>     but does not contain patient information, please contact the
>     sender and properly
>     dispose of the e-mail.

Signature Email ISAE-SUPAERO

Sébastien SCANNELLA
Research scientist in Neuroergonomics

ISAE SUPAERO - Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace
10 avenue Edouard Belin - BP 54032 - 31055 TOULOUSE CEDEX 4 FRANCE -
http://www.isae-supaero.fr
Tel +33 5 61 33 87 59 - Fax (+33) 5 61 33 83 30
Plan d'accès/Access map <http://plan.univ-toulouse.fr/#783> - Page
personnelle <http://quickscience.e-monsite.com/>