[Homer-users] Developing fNIRS Device with VR - Struggling with .nirs format {Disarmed}

MATTHEW BARRAS M.R.Barras at 2014.hull.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 10:07:19 EST 2018

Hi,
I am currently developing a prototype fNIRS device for use with a virtual reality headset. The hardware design is ready to test but I am having difficulty structuring the data for use with Homer. I have seen the file structure for .nirs, and have run the sample data in Homer.

Is it possible to open the sample data set to be able to read it?
That way I could write the data from my device in the same structure.

If I try and open it I just see:
"MATLAB 5.0 MAT-file, Platform: PCWIN, Created on: Thu Nov 29 17:23:19 2012
 IM        xœ­T¿KÃ@ ~¹\Ó ZÅAœ¤‚ƒ8‰"8™ :8TP gc­ ´-4 *þ ®ºù  \Ü´kAgqóÇÔ-ƒ"....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Matthew Barras (PhD Student at The University of Hull)