[Homer-users] Short Separation GLM without Block Avg & Kalman filter

Friedman,Leah lmf323 at drexel.edu
Fri May 11 11:50:27 EDT 2018

Hi Meryem,

This is very helpful, thank you!

In regards to question 2, we do not have resting data to work with. We would like maximum flexibility to manipulate the time windows that surround our stimulus and so would prefer work with the stimuli outside of homer. What do you mean that we would have no control of removing the brain signal using the hmrDeconvHRF_DriftSS function with a stimulus vector?

Additionally, if we do not have a stim vector, would we just pass the function an empty vector or avoid passing it anything altogether?

Finally, we are wondering whether there is a way to do short separation regression with the Kalman filter dynamic estimator described in Gagnon et al, 2011 (see reference) that is described as better performing than standard GLM. It seems there are only options in Homer to run SS with a GLM and then separate functions that allow Kalman filter implementation. If anyone has information on this it would be much appreciated.

Best,
Leah

Gagnon, Louis, et al. "Improved recovery of the hemodynamic response in diffuse optical imaging using short optode separations and state-space modeling." Neuroimage 56.3 (2011): 1362-1371.