[Homer-users] Error with hmrDeconvHRF_DriftSS

PATRICK DANS danspw at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jan 21 23:42:15 EST 2019

Hello HOMER2 users,

I am experiencing an issue when trying to analyze my fNIRS data. I
collected the data using the 32-channel Brainsight NIRS system by Rogue
Research. Most of my channels had a clear heartbeat when I was collecting
the data. I am using a processing stream that includes the
hmrDeconvHRF_DriftSS package, and when I try to run the analysis, I get an
error saying that the "index exceeds matrix dimensions". I already tried
changing the SS threshold to be in cm instead of mm and vice versa. In the
raw data, the y-axis is showing quite high numbers (1.8 x 10^4), so I'm
wondering if the gain is too high on my machine? I adjusted detector
sensitivities so that they were as high as possible without saturating the
signal, and so that the signal from each channel was alike as possible.

Unfortunately I only have the executable version of HOMER2, so I can't go
into the code to see if anything is wrong. I am new to this, and if anyone
would be able to help that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Patrick Dans, MSc. Candidate, Mcmaster University