[Homer-users] A problem installing Homer

Boas, David dboas at bu.edu
Mon Mar 4 07:55:36 EST 2019

It sounds like you are trying to install the Homer2_UI executable rather than use the matlab scripts within matlab. This requires the matlab MCRinstaller for the given version of matlab. This large MCRinstaller file is indicated in the installation instructions. If you already have matlab on the computer and didn’t install the MCRinstaller, then it must be a different version of matlab than the one used to create the Homer2_UI executable. If you did install the MCRinstaller, then it must somehow be comflicting with the version of matlab you already have installed on your computer, although that would surprise me.

Since it sounds like you already have matlab on your computer, then I suggest you use the script version of Homer2 that you run through matlab rather than the executable that you run as a stand alone. The installation instructions provide the information you need for this.