[Homer-users] Installation help

Lucy Rothwell lucy.m.rothwell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 08:04:22 EDT 2019

Hello,

I am an MSc student at University College London trying to use Homer2 for my dissertation (on stuttering) but I am struggling to install it on my mac - I’ve been trying for days now! Even one of the local experts in UCL can’t figure it out.

Could someone help?

Actions taken so far:

Attempt 1 - MatLab 2018a/ Homer2 v2.8
Installed MatLab 2018a and Homer2 v2.8
Followed instructions on README2.8.txt (attached) in Homer2 installation folder:
Downloaded MatLab Runtime 2017b v9.3
Unzipped MatLab Runtime 2017b v9.3 via terminal and an the click-through install wizard
I’m presented with the message in “Attachment 1", so in the terminal I entered

MacBook-Pro-5:Applications lucyrothwell$ export /Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v93/runtime/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v93/sys/os/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v93/bin/maci64
I get the error
-bash: export: `/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v93/runtime/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v93/sys/os/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v93/bin/maci64': not a valid identifier

I also tried doing the command without "export" and didn't get an error message so I continued through the wizard and received message "Installation complete"
README.txt then said I needed the packages tryme.exe and MCRInstaller.exe but I can't see this in the Homer2  install folder

When I then click on Homer2_GUI in in Matlab (after adding folder and sub folder to file path) I get the error message in attachment 2.

Attempt 2 - MatLab 2017b / Homer2 v.23 (as per a colleague's suggestion)

Installed MatLab 2017b and Homer2 v2.8
Followed instructions on README2.8.txt (attached) in Homer2 installation folder:
Opened setup.command files via finder in terminal. It seems to run then terminal closes automatically
README.txt says the Homer2_UI.command and AtalsViewerGUI.command icons should now be on my desktop but they're not and I can't find them anywhere on my mac via search.
When I then click on Homer2_GUI in in Matlab (after adding folder and sub folder to file path), nothing happens

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Lucy Rothwell
LinkedIn <https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiRkKWo9MDQAhXIyRQKHV8vCCgQFggbMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fes.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Flucyrothwell&usg=AFQjCNEgMe34hdWqpZpZyaqcIqcqHyqm0Q&sig2=F5m3sZXKwrv-He4PY_SNTQ&bvm=bv.139782543,d.d24>
@LuRoth_ <https://twitter.com/LuRoth_>