[Mne_analysis] mne_analyze - only magnetometers?

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 22 09:26:25 EDT 2008

Hi Eliezer,

On Aug 21, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Eliezer Kanal wrote:

> Hello folks -
>
> When computing the MNE (or dSPM, or sLORETA) with mne_analyze, is
> there a way to specify to only use a subset of the sensors?

The set of sensors used needs to be defined when the inverse operator
is calculated by designating channels bad. However, usually it is not
a good idea to use a regional selection of channels but just indicate
those channels which are not functioning properly. However, some
studies have used the gradiometers alone and omitted all magnetometers.

> On a similar note, when I load my data, the topographical data
> display only shows the gradiometers. Does this mean its only using
> the gradiometers to calculate the field maps? Is there a way to get
> it to show the magnetometers? Thanks in advance for your help -

By default the topographical display shows the gradiometers only. The
field maps are calculated using all channels not designated bad. The
layout of the topographical display is selected from Adjust/Select
trace layout...

Best,
Matti