[Mne_analysis] Accurate head surface for picking fiducials

Yury Petrov y.petrov at neu.edu
Mon Dec 15 16:21:37 EST 2008

Hi Megan,

To get the high-res head surface for electrode registration you'll
need freesurfer 4.0 or later and the subject's T1 image. For example,
	mkheadsurf -subjid S12 -srcvol T1.nii.gz
There are several ways to get BEM surfaces for the forward modeling,
one of them is described in the manual. I use FSL suite's bet2 and
betsurf utilities for that. They create triangular meshes
(subdivisions of icosahedron) for the three standard surfaces. You'll
need both T1 and T2 images.

Best,
Yury