[Mne_analysis] mne_setup_forward_model and seglab

Andres Felipe Salazar Gomez asalazar at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 20 19:02:02 EST 2008

Hi MNE list,

I have two different questions. Sorry for the long email, I try to be as
clear as possible:

1. Using Neuromag's Seglab, when I use MaskDraw3D and try to draw or erase
in the Slicer window, I can not do it. I click and click and nothing
happens. I am running seglab remotely since I do not have a license in my
computer yet but I do not thing this is causing the problem. I have follow
the Seglab's user guide but I am stuck at this point since I can not edit
the mask.

I have run seglab from different linux boxes using other hosts and
nothing, always the same.

Any ideas?

2. How do I use the mne_setup_forward_model when using BME meshes from
freesurfer and seglab at the same time?. I ran the nme_watershed_bem and
mne_flash_bem commands to get the BEM meshes files but also the seglab
software to get the inner_skull.tri file (following the MNE user's guide
recommendations)

I tried the following but it did not work:

"mne_setup_forward_model --subject structural_mri --ico 4 --noswap

inner skull CM is  -0.33  -5.63   1.04 mm
A surface with 5848 triangles cannot be isomorphic with a subdivided
icosahedron.
Could't create the geometry file"

I converted the inner_skull.tri file (the only file I got from seglab) to
a surf file using <mne_convert_surface> getting a inner_skull.surf file
but I keep getting the same error:

"mne_setup_forward_model --subject structural_mri --surf --ico 4

inner skull CM is  -0.33  -5.63   1.04 mm
A surface with 5848 triangles cannot be isomorphic with a subdivided
icosahedron.
Could't create the geometry file"

Thank you very much for your help in any of the two issues.

--
Andres F. Salazar
Research Technologist
asalazar at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu