[Mne_analysis] Comparing conditions

Daniel Goldenholz daniel at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 2 11:49:47 EDT 2008

Hi Alex

For what it is worth, I thought about these kinds of questions some time ago
and presented a talk that was supposed to open up further discussion and
debate. The PDF of that talk is here:

http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~daniel/links/presentation/stats_on_roi.pdf

It includes some basics on the mathematics and assumptions inherent in them.
Then the talk veers into the speculative with some thoughts on newer
possible methods for comparing conditions when you have multiple subjects
and multiple conditions.

I am still interested in developing these questions further, so let me know
if these ideas are helpful.

Daniel

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:28 AM, Alex Clarke <alex at csl.psychol.cam.ac.uk>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a question regarding how best to statistically compare two
> conditions. So far I have only being comparing between 2 conditions using
> ROIs and comparing current estimates over time. However, I'd also like to
> see the difference between two conditions across the whole brain. I was
> wondering what the best approach to this was (Ideally ending up with a dSPM
> map of condition1 - conditon2).
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alex Clarke