[Mne_analysis] trigger in mne_browse_raw

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 30 08:18:17 EDT 2008

Dear Iris,

On Oct 30, 2008, at 6:28 AM, Steinmann, Iris wrote:

> Dear MNE-User's
>
> I toke my datas with an MEG from 'Neuromag' with 122 Channels. When
> I load the raw.fif-File with mne_browse_row I have to select the
> chanels and the event-Triggers separately under the menu-point
> 'Adjust---Selection...' this far no problem. Now I want save the
> event-file under the menu-point 'File--save events', but the
> message is "no events to save". In the Manual is a discription-
> point under chapter 4.4.1.1. that: trigger channel STI 014 is
> scanned for events. In my raw-datas is no STI 014, but STI 016. Is
> this the problem? And when yes, how can I get my event-file?
> Thanks for your ideas!

I must admit that I had forgotten that there is no composite trigger
channel in Neuromag 122. Instead, there are six trigger channels:
'STI 001' ... 'STI 006' which together constitute the trigger input.
If you have only one trigger on one of those channels in your data,
the solution is simple: use the --digtrig option, e.g., --digtrig
STI_001 and you will be able to create the event file.

For the case of multiple triggers, the solution is a little bit more
complex, let me look into that.

- Matti