[Mne_analysis] filter type, comparing conditions

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 24 13:37:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Sep 24, 2008, at 1:30 PM, Eliezer Kanal wrote:

> Hello folks -
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) When I specify a highpass or lowpass filter in mne_process_raw
> during averaging, what filter is it using (butterworth, chebychev,
> etc.)?

The filters are realized in the frequency domain by weighting the
frequency response. The bandpass window transition regions have a
cos^2 ahspe with a width as specified in the filter dialog.

> 2) When loading a dataset in mne_analyze, under "available data
> sets" it always lists conditions as " [condition1] > average ",
> " [condition2] > average ", etc. Is there any way to load a dataset
> as " [condition1] > [condition2] "?

The notation, inherited from Neuromag software, labels the condition
and the kind of quantity (average) computed. You can also compute
standard errors of mean with mne_browse_raw/mne_process_raw, hence
the ">average" specifier.

What would you like to accomplish with " [condition1] > [condition2]"?

- Matti