[Mne_analysis] Comparing conditions

Yury Petrov y.petrov at neu.edu
Mon Sep 29 11:33:20 EDT 2008

I didn't understand Padraig's arguments. Minimum norm is a linear
method. This means that the same as for the forward matrix the inverse
matrix is calculated irrespective of the actual signals measured,
except for the noise covariance term. So if you add the noise
covariance matrices for the two conditions and feed the resulting
"difference" covariance matrix to the inverse routine, it will only
change the signal to noise ratios in the trivial way. But the matrix
will remain essentially the same, and the topography of the solution
should not be "distorted".