[Mne_analysis] Large mean voltages in BEM EEG forward model.

Yury Petrov y.petrov at neu.edu
Tue Sep 30 16:18:45 EDT 2008

I think that the MNE forward matrix is just the distribution of
potentials on your electrodes produced by a current dipole at a given
location times all such locations. There is no reason for the sum of
potentials over the electrodes to be always 0. For example, if the
electrodes cover mostly the area of the scalp to where one pole of the
dipole points, then the averaged potential will be quite different
from zero. You could add a constant potential to turn the average to
zero, but this would only work for one dipole out of many.