[Mne_analysis] mne_inverse without MRI data

Daniel Goldenholz daniel at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 22 11:53:53 EDT 2009

Eliezer
To properly compute any inverse you need two things which would be lacking
in your case:
1. Anatomical information used to generate forward model
2. Co-registration between the MEG system and that anatomy

The first can be faked with anybody's brain.
The second should be carefully faked - that is, you should make an effort to
find out where the faked brain anatomy would have been if it had been that
subject being scanned. You hopefully have digitized HPI locations, and a
scalp surface from your substitute head.

Obviously the greater you deviate from "the truth" in each of the above will
result in greater estimation error in your inverse estimates.

Daniel Goldenholz MD, PhD
http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~daniel