[Mne_analysis] Mne_analysis Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

Laurence Hunt lhunt at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 24 04:48:29 EDT 2009

Isn't it the case that on newer systems STI014 can be switched off,
and information is carried in STI101 instead? This is certainly the
case on our system in Oxford, where there is no channel named 'STI
014', but STI101 carries all the trigger information.

If this is the case, Jeff, you could use mne_rename_channels to rename
STI101 to STI 014, and then MNE will recognise the trigger channel OK.
Instructions are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.megwiki.org/index.php?title=MNE-Suite

Laurence

On 22 Aug 2009, at 17:00, mne_analysis-request at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Jeff Anderson wrote:
>
>> I'd like to obtain dspm waveforms in source space but do not have
>> defined events or triggers.
>>
>> When I run mne_compute_raw_inverse, I get an error "Channel <STI
>> 014> not found in the input file."
>>
>> How is mne_compute_raw_inverse using the trigger file and how do I
>> get around this? If I wanted to just obtain waveforms in source
>> space for the entire duration of the recording, can I somehow
>> manually define a trigger with just a pulse for the start at time 0
>> and obtain raw waveforms in source space?
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> If you have the newest (2.6 or newer) MNE version installed, you can
> specify the --noextra option to remove requirement for the presence of
> STI 014. However, all Vectorview data files should have this channel
> present. Has the raw data file been preprocessed, e.g., by graph which
> may have resulted in this channel being removed?
>
> Best,
> Matti

Laurence Hunt, DPhil Student
Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB),
University of Oxford
lhunt at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Phone: (+44)1865-(2)22738