[Mne_analysis] obtain p-value from dSPM F-value (fmax) in mne_analyze?

Nela Cicmil nela.cicmil at dpag.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 28 12:33:30 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I was wondering whether there is a straightforward way to calculate the relation between a p-value and the dSPM F-values (fthresh, fmid, fmax etc.) in mne_analyze gui? Specifically, I would like to be able to produce a figure that only displays source activity that is 'significant' at e.g. p < 0.001 threshold.

Is it simply a matter of plugging the relevant fmax F-value (along with the number of degrees of freedom in the numerator and denominator in the F-distribution equation) into a calculation using the F-distribution probability density function (one-tailed)? Or are there matlab scripts or other scripts/formula out there that have been more appropriate/useful for doing this in an MEG setting?

I'm new to the mailing list so if this issue has been already discussed in a previous exchange, please direct me to the solution.

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,
Nela

--