[Mne_analysis] FW: forward solution retransmission

Kirk Gregory R. GKirk at uwhealth.org
Tue Dec 1 12:30:08 EST 2009

can you help me with the forward solution problem described below so i can get tononi's lab set up
using the mne software ?

i think i have solved the .elp->htps problem - the ordering of the cardinals they
gave me was wrong, i figured it by making them the 256 electrode and seeing where it went.
ill send the files so you can see what is going with the .elp files being kicked out by nextstim
but making a script that just yanks out the coords and makes a .htps file is good for me.

my current issue is with mne_do_forward_solution  --spacing oct-6 --meas Fabio_raw.fif   --eegonly

gives
mne_forward_solution version 2.9 compiled at Jun 10 2009 23:37:23

Source space                 : /home/gkirk/mne/mne/sample_data/subjects/Fabio/bem/Fabio-oct-6-src.fif
MRI -> head transform source : ./Fabio_raw-trans.fif
Measurement data             : Fabio_raw.fif
BEM model                    : /home/gkirk/mne/mne/sample_data/subjects/Fabio/bem/Fabio-5120-5120-5120-bem.fif
Accurate field computations
Do computations in head coordinates.
Free source orientations
Destination for the solution : ./Fabio_raw-oct-6-fwd.fif

Reading /home/gkirk/mne/mne/sample_data/subjects/Fabio/bem/Fabio-oct-6-src.fif...
Read 2 source spaces a total of 8196 active source locations

Coordinate transformation: MRI (surface RAS) -> head
	 0.996425 -0.060723 -0.058740	  -3.22 mm
	 0.076219  0.946048  0.314934	  10.63 mm
	 0.036447 -0.318285  0.947294	  73.73 mm
	 0.000000  0.000000  0.000000     1.00

Read 257 EEG channels from Fabio_raw.fif
MEG not requested. MEG channels omitted.
Some EEG channels do not have locations assigned.
Forward computation failed (see above)

there are 256 channels of data + ref

 mne_edf2fiff --edf TSDpilotDS_FF_B1_AEP.edf --hpts Fabio_head_coord.htps --meters --fif Fabio_raw.fif

gives
mne_edf2fiff version 1.4 compiled at Jun 10 2009 23:37:18

EDF/EDF+/BDF file (input)  : TSDpilotDS_FF_B1_AEP.edf
hpts file (input)          : Fabio_head_coord.htps
fif file (output)          : Fabio_raw.fif

Parsing EDF/EDF+/BDF header...[done]

Reading the digitization data from Fabio_head_coord.htps (coordinates in meters)...
Read a total of 260 digitization points. 257 electrode labels present
Transformed LPA :  -70.1    0.0    0.0 mm
Transformed NAS :   -0.0   89.6   -0.0 mm
Transformed RPA :   63.8   -0.0   -0.0 mm
Transformed 260 locations to the head coordinate frame.
256 EEG electrode locations assigned
Reference electrode at :  -18.4   21.1  158.2 mm
Note: Annotation channel present but trigger map not specified.
      Annotation channel will not be converted into a trigger channel.

Coverting raw data file TSDpilotDS_FF_B1_AEP.edf to Fabio_raw.fif...

Converting...[done]
Adding directory...[done]

I think I have responded to all your requests. Good bye.

so it seems to give all 256 channels + ref a location

so i don't know what it's flopping over dead about

seems i should be close to making a movie as soon as i can get the forward solution to compute sucessfully

the .elp and htps are attached , for ref since you most likely don't have the egi electrode layout
channels 241,242,243 are left anterior electordes
and 238,239,240 are right anterior

the last 3 coordinate triples i.e. electrode 257 258 259 are a second digitization of the cardinals
and there is no digitization of the vref, i added a fale near the electrodes at the apex where egi puts it's ref ( but not an exact copy of an electrode location )

thanks bunches
Greg.