[Mne_analysis] derivatives missing after forward solution with --grad

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 5 12:54:38 EST 2009

Dear Sam,

On Dec 4, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Samuel Inverso wrote:

> Hi MNE-ers,
>
> I'm trying to find out why mne_do_forward_solution with --grad  is not
> producing the field derivatives.
>
> Here's the command I use:
> mne_do_forward_solution --subject subject --eegonly --grad --mindist 5
> --src bem/subject-vol-5-src.fif --mri
> digitizer/subject_isotrak-trans.fif  --mea eeg/subject_raw.fif
>
> (I tried it with
>
> The raw data was converted from a biosemi bdf  (it's not evoked data)
> with  the lines below.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As

mne_do_forward_solution --help

reveals, --grad is not an option for mne_do_forward_solution
convenience, only for mne_forward_solution, which
mne_do_forward_solution calls. I added the --grad option to
mne_do_forward_solution. The new modified script is attached.

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu