[Mne_analysis] Between Group Comparison of MNE Average Movies

Per A Lysne lysne at unm.edu
Thu Jan 8 14:35:42 EST 2009

Hello,

     We are doing an MEG study in which we would like to
do a between-groups analysis at the level of mne movies.
In other words, we would like to do a comparison between
movies in order to identify differing regions and patterns
of activation.

     Our study groups contain approximately (but not
exactly) ten subjects apiece. We have selected one subject
from the entire study and morphed all of the others'
head/brain geometry onto the one. We have then created
movies for each individual as well as an average movie for
each group. However, we seem to encounter different base
levels of activation between the group movies to an extent
that seems too large to be a biologically-based effect.
Our process is automated and all of our averaging,
filtering, covariance data, etc., are created in exactly
the same way between groups. Our movies are created to
display raw current and our thresholds are all set to the
same levels for all subjects.

     Our questions are, 1) can we expect to make a direct
comparison of activation levels in mne movies between
groups and, 2) if not, how have others approached this
problem?

     Thanks for your help!

Per Lysne & Bob Thoma
University of New Mexico/Mind Research Network