[Mne_analysis] access timecourses via matlab

Kanal, Eliezer J ejk4 at pitt.edu
Wed Jan 28 10:27:27 EST 2009

Hello folks -

I have a dataset sorted by condition; approximately 180 trials of one and 130 of another. When I load the dataset in mne_analyze and compute the field patterns, I find a very nice peak in a particular neural region. I now want to test for significance. A colleagues of mine, a statistician, suggested that I randomly assign the trials to one condition or another, retrieve the resultant field pattern, and then do this another thousand times or so. This way, each timepoint will have its own confidence band, and I can then see whether the peak that appears when sorting by condition falls outside the confidence bands, thus indicating significance.

My question is, can this be scripted with MNE? I couldn't find a way to either load an fif onto a mesh or access the resultant timecourses (by label) via matlab. Can this be done? On a similar note, is there an easier way to do this? Thanks -

Be well,
Elli Kanal