[Mne_analysis] problems opening estimates in Matlab

Gustavo Sudre gsudre at pobox.com
Mon Jul 13 15:04:19 EDT 2009

Hello,

I generated MNE estimates using mne_compute_raw_inverse for a given
label and now I want to open them in Matlab. I managed to do it using
mne_read_evoked when my .fif file was small, but now either Matlab
crashes with Segmentation Fault, or runs out of memory (machine with
8Gbs of run) when trying to open a fif file that is only 40Mb.

Am I missing something? The only difference between the file I managed
to open and this one is the number of voxels in the label (which
doubled size). However, I've opened fif files with raw data that were
a lot bigger than 40Mbs and it was never a problem. I also tried
mne_convert_mne_data, but the .mat generates had no data in it.

Thanks,

Gus