[Mne_analysis] ctf2mne

Kambiz Tavabi tavabik at email.chop.edu
Thu Jul 16 16:04:54 EDT 2009

Dear forum:
I have converted a CTF dataset to fif format using ctf2mne without any error in the verbose call.
However, when viewing the resulting fif dataset in mne_browse_raw I cannot see the data unless I use the selection dialog to select the MEG channels which are appended with -3907. I am not sure why this is and what it means?
Also I encounter some information in the command window while using mne_browse_raw that is disconcerting:
(1) 0 events found in dataset.fif
(2) no ds-eve.fif file found
(3) Trigger channel : STI 014 max_event : 0
Concerning  messages 1 & 3 I assume that no events are found because digital triggers were not delivered on ch. STI 014, but rather on UPPT001. My first question is how to change the stim ch in MNE (i.e. have program look on UPPT001 for digital triggers)? I also assume message 2 is related to the trigger channel issue, since the mne_process_ raw ds.fif  also runs without error apart from the output line 0 event found in data set. So, how do I get around this issue?

Thanks in advance
Kambiz

Kambiz Tavabi, PhD
Post-Doctoral Fellow