[Mne_analysis] Anatomical ROI coordinates

Chris Andrews topher at bu.edu
Wed Jun 3 09:56:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am working on a project where we would like to incorporate anatomical
information into our results.  We essentially need to be able to load the
ROI's produced with mne_add_patch_info and the Deskian ROIs in
the same coordinate system.

We sourced MEG data to agnostically assigned ROIs (labels; using
mne_add_patch_info producing *-l/rh.label) and would like to find a
relatively easy and automated way to figure out to which anatomical
regions these ROIs/labels correspond. We thought we could find some
coordinates in the .label files that might correspond to the anatomical
Desikan ROIs automatically produced by freesurfer. The agnostic .label files

seem to have coordinates in them. However the anatomical Desikan ROIs do
not seem to have any coordinates in them, yet we are able to view them in
mne_analyze. Does anybody know where those coordinates come from
so that I can programmatically attribute the agnostic regions to the
anatomical Desikan regions they are located in? Has anybody any other
ideas how to easily and automatically figure out to which anatomical
region the .label files correspond? We have 162 labels per hemisphere
and a number of subjects so looking them up through mne_analyze would be
quite time consuming.

Thanks very much,
Chris Andrews