[Mne_analysis] mapping channel number to label

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 5 14:53:14 EDT 2009

Hi Gus,

On Jun 4, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Gustavo Sudre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I used mne_compute_raw_inverse on averaged data, with 36 labels per
> hemisphere in my --labeldir. My resulting fif file has 72 time
> series, which I imagine are the average of the activations in each
> label. I was wondering how I can map the channel number (e.g. lh-Jz
> 075096) back to label name. I found the page in the manual that
> describes this channel name, but I couldn't understand how to map it
> back to my label file.

The newest MNE version 2.6.1 contains mne_read_label_file function
which you can use to read label files. To find which label the vertex
number (in your case 75096) is in do the following:

1. Load all the labels from your labeldir.

2. Using the 'intersect' Matlab function determine which label has the
vertex of interest. If the labels are not overlapping, there should be
only one such label.

> Also, is there a way to run the command above for multiple sets at
> the same time, creating just one .fif file with several sets in it?
> I'm currently going around it by using for loops, but it'd be nice
> if I could do everything with just one command.

Unfortunately, you need multiple runs of the program to process
multiple sets.

- Matti