[Mne_analysis] mne_process_raw - "Failed to read tag data" error

Eliezer Kanal ejk4 at pitt.edu
Mon Jun 8 17:18:00 EDT 2009

Hello folks -

I'm trying to average across subjects, and I'm getting strange error.
The command I'm issuing is:

mne_process_raw \
--raw /<full path to file>.fif \
--ave /<full path to file>.ave \
--cov /<full path to file>.cov \
--lowpass 40 \
--highpass 1 \
--projon \
--anon \
--gave /<full path to new file>.fif \
--gcov /<full path to new file>.fif

Note that the .ave and .cov files both reference an eventfile that, so
far as I can tell, is properly formatted. On running the command, it
loads the fif, reads the header info and SSP vectors, and begins
averaging the first raw file. After printing the number of each
condition, it writes the following:

Saved log to 6_021709_gambling1-ave.log
Failed to read tag data (pos = 2042368353 kind = 302 size = 1224012)

and then processing stops. If I try to re-run the command, I always
get the same error. I've checked my files, .ave and .cov files, they
all appear to be properly formatted. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Eliezer Kanal